Tower & Approach
Every airport has its own unique challenges and needs. The DFS Group is responsible for providing air traffic control at a significant number of airports, each with its own distinct conditions. These airports range from small regional airports (DFS Aviation Services) to London Gatwick Airport (ANS Ltd.), one of the busiest single runway airports in the world, and to the international hub of Frankfurt with half a million take-offs and landings per year (DFS Deutsche Flugsicherung).
As our customer, you can take advantage of our broad expertise as an air navigation service provider as well as of a wide range of products, services and expertise for aerodrome control at small, medium-sized and large airports. You can benefit from our specialist support in:
- Provision of aerodrome control services
- Flight information services, alerting services and meteorological Services
- Tower systems (Tower Suite), for example:
- Remote tower concepts
- Procedure planning and simulations
- Studies concerning erection, placement and equipment of control towers.
- General operational concepts
- Planning of approach and departure procedures
- Arrival manager (A-MAN)